School: Kitchen: South Wales: 07 November 2015

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

South Wales FRS attended a fire in a freezer unit located in the kitchen of a 2 storey School.  3 appliances were mobilised to the school measuring approximately 60x30m and opened in July 2013.  A single sprinkler head activated and was sufficient to extinguish the fire. There was only slight damage in the kitchen area.

Residential Flat: Sutton: 21 November 20

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

An elderly man had a lucky escape from a fire caused by a cigarette in his flat thanks to a sprinkler system. Sutton firefighters were called to a fire at the residential care home in Mickleham Gardens in Cheam on 23 November. Luckily the man had already escaped the flat and his sprinkler system had put out most of… Read more »

Hotel: Birmingham: 6/7 December 2014

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

At about 2200 hrs on Saturday 6th December, at the end of the working day, a tumble dryer was unloaded at the leisure centre situated in the lower floors of the hotel. CCTV footage showed that at about 0300 on Sunday 7th, a fire started in a laundry basket due to spontaneous combustion of the… Read more »

Hotel: London: 02 December 2014

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Hotel guests were evacuated from the London Hilton hotel in Mayfair last night after a fire broke out in a bedroom. Around 100 guests were evacuated from the upmarket hotel as a precaution at around 7.40pm last night. Sprinklers in the hotel, located in Park Lane, helped extinguish the fire and the London Fire Brigade… Read more »

School: London: 11 November 2014

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

London Fire Brigade report that at about 20:23 hrs on Tuesday 11th November, fire crews were called to an automatic fire alarm system actuating at a three storey secondary school in St Mary’s Road in Newham, East London. On arrival they were met by the school caretaker who had been about to secure the building… Read more »

Aparthotel: London: 23 October 2014

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

London Fire Brigade report that  just after 2130 hrs on 23 October 2014, an electrical fire started behind some partitioning in a 3rd floor corridor at the premises in Park Lane, London. As the fire developed it actuated the smoke detection then broke out from behind the partition and activated a high pressure mist system… Read more »

School: Stevenage: 5 November 2014

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Herts F&RS responded to a fire at the £ 8.7m.  Marriott’s and Lonsdale School in Stevenage at 1230 hrs on 5 November. The school was opened in January 2013 by then education secretary, Michael Gove. The school is an amalgamation of two former Stevenage Schools and accomodates around 1500 pupils including 60 everely mobility impaired… Read more »

Flat: Cumbernauld, Scotland: 14 October 2014

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Cumbernauld House is the former headquarters of Cumbernauld Development Corporation but when that organisation vacated it was converted into residential apartments. During the conversion, residential sprinklers were installed. It is reported that on the 14th October 2014 a fire started in one of the apartments when a candle, located in a bathroom, apparently disintegrated setting… Read more »