Parkside Court in Chelmsford has become the first tower block in Essex to be fully fitted with a sprinkler suppression system thanks to match funding from Essex County Fire and Rescue Service. Sprinklers have been fitted in all 53 flats as well as all communal areas in the 15 storey block. It is the first… Read more »
Sprinkler Save at West Midlands Primary School West Midlands F&RS reports that a fire started in a fan in an IT room at about 1600 hrs on 1 May 2014. Staff fought the fire initially and then a single sprinkler head operated to extinguish the fire before the arrival of the fire service. The fire… Read more »
At about 2000hrs on Friday 28th February 2014 , a fire started in the ‘Wonderbra Shop’ at the Galleria Outlet Shopping Complex in Hatfield, Hertfordshire. The Galleria houses 80 designer outlet shops on 20,500 sq meters of retail space, in addition to a multiplex cinema and many well-known chain food oulets The fire started in… Read more »
On the 8th February 2014 a fire occurred in the kitchen of a single bedroom flat in Clements Road, Ramsgate. The premises had been fitted with a water mist system funded by KF&RS and East Kent Housing. The occupant was deemed to be at risk following two previous fires one of which resulted in injury…. Read more »
At just before 19:45 on the evening of Monday 3rd February, a kitchen fire occurred in a pan containing cooking oil at a medium to high rise accommodation block for nurses and doctors in Grosvenor Way, Wandsworth, London. The occupier sadly suffered steam burns when, contrary to all safety advice issued in such circumstances, they… Read more »
Northamptonshire F&RS report a fire at a Primary Academy in the town on Thursday 9th January 2014. The fire occurred when a plastic storage crate had been inadvertently placed too close to a cooker hob. The hob was accidentally switched on setting the crate alight. The sprinkler system operated and one head extinguished the fire.
Police have announced that at least 21 residents of a care home in L’Isle-Verte, Quebec died in this tragic fire. 11 other residents are not yet accounted for (0900 hrs GMT 31 Jan). Photographs of the fire scene show that the original building has been completely destroyed with only a lift shaft standing. However a… Read more »