Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

On Friday 27th May 2016 a fire involving a wok occurred in the kitchen of a house in Corby, Northamptonshire. This was at a sprinklered development of a number of homes set back from the main road.

The report says that ‘last Friday night our customer was cooking with a wok, things got out of hand and the wok caught alight setting off the kitchen sprinkler. The customer turned off the sprinkler system as the wok fire was out in moments and redecorated the kitchen ready for a family event the following evening.’

The sprinkler system is design to BS9251 and one concealed head activated in the kitchen area, extinguishing the fire. An engineer attended within a short period to replace the head and reset the system.

(Thanks to BAFSA member, Keith Rhodes at Nationwide Sprinklers for this information)

Comments are closed.