Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

At about 2200 hrs on Saturday 6th December, at the end of the working day, a tumble dryer was unloaded at the leisure centre situated in the lower floors of the hotel. CCTV footage showed that at about 0300 on Sunday 7th, a fire started in a laundry basket due to spontaneous combustion of the… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Hotel guests were evacuated from the London Hilton hotel in Mayfair last night after a fire broke out in a bedroom. Around 100 guests were evacuated from the upmarket hotel as a precaution at around 7.40pm last night. Sprinklers in the hotel, located in Park Lane, helped extinguish the fire and the London Fire Brigade… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

London Fire Brigade report that at about 20:23 hrs on Tuesday 11th November, fire crews were called to an automatic fire alarm system actuating at a three storey secondary school in St Mary’s Road in Newham, East London. On arrival they were met by the school caretaker who had been about to secure the building… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

London Fire Brigade report that  just after 2130 hrs on 23 October 2014, an electrical fire started behind some partitioning in a 3rd floor corridor at the premises in Park Lane, London. As the fire developed it actuated the smoke detection then broke out from behind the partition and activated a high pressure mist system… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Herts F&RS responded to a fire at the £ 8.7m.  Marriott’s and Lonsdale School in Stevenage at 1230 hrs on 5 November. The school was opened in January 2013 by then education secretary, Michael Gove. The school is an amalgamation of two former Stevenage Schools and accomodates around 1500 pupils including 60 everely mobility impaired… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Cumbernauld House is the former headquarters of Cumbernauld Development Corporation but when that organisation vacated it was converted into residential apartments. During the conversion, residential sprinklers were installed. It is reported that on the 14th October 2014 a fire started in one of the apartments when a candle, located in a bathroom, apparently disintegrated setting… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

Two crews from Wisbech were called to a fire at an address in the town at around 2215 hrs on 15 October.  The fire in the dwelling’s bedroom on was extinguished last night by a sprinkler system before fire crews arrived, minimising the damage of what would have been a severe fire. The fire was out before… Read more »

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

A fire believed to have been started by a faulty electric sign caused minor damage to the mezzanine of the Birmingham Hippodrome on 11 October. Hot smoke from the blaze activated the theatre’s sprinklers. The water quickly extinguished the fire before it could spread any further. Firefighters from Highgate were called to the theatre at… Read more »